Sooji Halwa / Rava Sheera
A wonderful dessert that can be prepared in minutes. It doesn't require much advance preparation, and can be whipped up even at a short notice. Sooji halwa / Rava Sheera is traditional, yet modern in its simplicity, making it a sheer delight.
Write a review
- Sooji/Rava - 1/2 cup (100 gms)
- Desi ghee - 1/4 cup (50 gms)
- Sugar - 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp (125 gms)
- Cashew nuts - 8-10 (roughly chopped)
- Raisins - 8-10
- Almonds - 4-5 (slivered)
- Cardamom powder - 1/4 Tsp
- Water - 2 cups (400 gms)
- Heat ghee in a broad non-stick pan (keep 1 Tbsp for later use), add the sooji and sauté on a slow flame for 6-8 minutes, While stirring occasionally.
- Add water and cook for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the sugar, raisins, almonds, cashews and mix well. Cover and cook on a slow flame for 5-7 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cardamom powder, 1 Tbsp ghee, mix well and cook it for 2 more minutes.
- Serve immediately garnished with chopped cashews and almonds.
- You can add milk instead of water for richer flavor.
Hungry soul by Abha http://www.hungrysoulbyabha.com/