Sookhi Masoor Dal
Masoor, a very nutritious lentil, is also very pleasing to the pallet. Sookhi Masoor Dal is a dry preparation cooked in well-chosen spices and is not only tasty but also brims with protein, iron and folic acid. It goes well with any Indian bread. Soaking Masoor Dal overnight not only reduces the cooking time but also makes it easily digestible. Do give it a try!
Write a review
- Split red lentils (Masoor Dal) - 1 cup, soaked for 1/2 hr
- Ghee - 2 Tbsp
- Cloves - 3-4
- Bay leaf - 1
- Cumin Seeds - 1 Tsp
- Asafoetida - 1/4 Tsp
- Onion - 1 large, finely chopped
- Tomato - 1 large, chopped
- Ginger - 1 inch piece, chopped
- Green chili - 2, chopped
- Red chili powder - 1/4 Tsp
- Dry red chili - 2
- Turmeric Powder - 1/2 Tsp
- Salt to taste
- Garam Masala - 1 Tsp
- Lemon Juice - 1 Tsp
- Coriander leaves - 2 Tbsp, chopped
- Heat ghee in a non-stick pan. Add cloves, bay leaf, cumin seeds, dry red chili and sauté.
- Then add asafoetida, mix and sauté. Add onions and sauté till they are golden.
- Now add ginger, green chili, mix and sauté for a while. Add red chili powder, turmeric powder. Then add dal, salt and mix well.
- Now add 1/4 cup water, mix well, cover and cook for 2 minutes. Then add tomatoes, mix well, cover and cook till the dal is soft. Add in garam masala powder, lemon juice and coriander leaves.
- Garnish with coriander and sever hot.
Hungry soul by Abha http://www.hungrysoulbyabha.com/