Spaghetti Aglio e Olio
Spaghetti Aglio e olio is the easy, fast, classic Italian pasta dish. The garlic & parmesan cheese topped with parsley make for a quick dinner. Aglio e Olio is hard to say, but great to eat.
Write a review
- Extra virgin olive oil – ½ cup
- Garlic – 5-6 cloves, sliced
- Pinch of hot pepper flakes
- Pine nuts – 2 Tbsp
- Parsley – 2 Tbsp, freshly chopped
- 1 Pound of Spaghetti
- Parmesan cheese – ½ cup + more for serving
- Salt to taste
- Fill a large pot of water and add in some salt, bring to a boil and add the pasta, cook according to package instructions, meanwhile work on the sauce.
- In a skillet, add the oil and garlic, turn the heat on low and cook for about 5 minutes or until the garlic is lightly golden, add the hot pepper flakes and the pine nuts, continue to cook until the pine nuts are a nutty brown color. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Drain the pasta and place it back into the pot (in which you have boiled the pasta), pour in the oil mixture, some salt, parmesan and parsley, toss everything together so that the oil coats every piece of the pasta. Place it on a serving platter and finish it with parmesan, parsley and some hot pepper flakes.
Hungry soul by Abha http://www.hungrysoulbyabha.com/