Spinach & Corn Pulao
Spinach & Corn Pulao is such a healthy and flavorful rich dish. A perfect comfort food for your family. It's full of nutrition and will definitely fill your tummy. So make this yummy Spinach & Corn Pulao for your next meal.
Write a review
- Basmati rice - 1 1/2 cup (soaked for 15 minutes )
- Spinach - 2 cups, freshly chopped
- Corns - 1 cup, boiled
- Onions - 2, medium, sliced
- Water - 2 1/2 cups
- Ghee - 2 Tbsp
- Cloves - 2-4
- Black peppercorns - 8-10
- Black cardamom - 1
- Cinnamon stick - 2
- Bay leaf - 1
- Coriander powder - 1 Tbsp
- Salt - 1 1/2 Tsp
- Juice of 1 lime
- Soak rice in water for 15 minutes, later drain the water from the rice.
- Pour water in a pan. Allow it to come to a boil.
- In a pan, add ghee to which add cloves, black peppercorns, black cardamom, bay leaf, cinnamon sticks. Stir it well and cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add onions. Sauté for a minute and add corns. Cook it for a minute. Add in rice and gently stir the rice without breaking the rice grains. Sauté the rice for a minute then add hot water to it. Add salt and squeeze lime juice and mix well. Cover with a lid and let it cook for 2-3 minutes.
- After 2-3 minutes, open the lid and add chopped spinach and mix the spinach gently with rice. Cover with a lid and cook it again for 10 minutes.
- Switch off the flame and let it sit for 15 minutes. Serve hot with yogurt or pickle of your choice.
Hungry soul by Abha http://www.hungrysoulbyabha.com/