Spring Onion and Cheese Parantha
Paranthas are sustaining and wholesome. Paranthas served for breakfast with yogurt and pickle are the staple food for most North Indians. Here is the recipe of my Spring onion and cheese parantha which you must try. These paranthas tastes best when they are served as soon as they are prepared.This is an amazing combo in parantha.
Write a review
Ingredients for dough
- Whole wheat flour (atta) - 2 cups + extra for dusting
- Ghee/Oil - 2 Tbsp
- Salt - 1/2 Tsp
- Water as needed
Ingredient for the stuffing
- Spring onions - 1 1/2 cups chopped
- Cheese - 1 cup ( I used the mixture of mozzarella and cheddar)
- Salt to taste
- Green chilies - 1, chopped
- Chat masala - 1/2 Tsp
- Garam masala - 1/2 Tsp
- Ghee/Oil for pan frying
Method for the dough
- Combine the whole wheat flour, salt , ghee/oil in a bowl and mix well.
- Add enough water and knead into a semi-stiff dough and keep aside for 30 minutes.
- In an another bowl, combine all the stuffing ingredients and mix well.
Method to make the paranthas
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions and roll a portion of the dough into a circle.
- Place a little stuffing on the center of a circle.
- Bring together all the sides in the center and seal tightly.
- Roll again into a circle of 150 mm ( "6") diameter circle with a little flour.
- Take a non-stick Tawa (griddle) and cook the parantha using little ghee/oil until golden brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat with the remaining dough and stuffing to make rest of the paranthas.
- Serve hot with yogurt and pickle of your choice.
Hungry soul by Abha http://www.hungrysoulbyabha.com/