Happy Karwa Chauth to all the ladies who are fasting today!! Karwa Chauth is a festival that marks a one day fast by women, who pray for the safety and long life of their husbands. Prepared "Sweet Phenian" as a part of my sargi today. It is a sweet made by using milk and vermicelli which is loaded with nuts. Yummy, quick and easy to make. May all our prayers for our husband's well being be answered today and always!!
Write a review
- Full fat milk - 1 ltr
- Fried vermicelli (phenian) - 200 gms
- Sugar - 1/2 cup
- Cashew nuts - 8-10, cut into half
- Raisins - 7-8
- Almonds - 8-10, slivered
- Pistachios - 7-8, chopped
- Dates - 5-6, cut lengthwise, optional
- Saffron - 10-12 strands
- Cardamom powder - 1/4 Tsp
- Boil the milk in a deep non-stick pan. Add sugar, saffron, mix well and cook on a high flame for 2-3 minutes or till the sugar dissolves and the milk reduces a little, while stirring continuously.
- Reduce the flame to medium, add cashews, almonds, pistachios, raisins, cardamom powder and dates. Mix it well. ( reserve some nuts and dates for garnishing)
- Add fried vermicelli (phenian), mix it well and switch off the flame. Cover and leave to soak for 5-10 minutes.
- Garnish with remaining nuts and dates. Phenian are ready to eat.
Hungry soul by Abha http://www.hungrysoulbyabha.com/