Sweet saffron rice
Happy Baisakhi everyone! Baisakhi is a harvest festival of Punjabis. It is also the start of new solar year, and new harvest season. Prepared yellow sweet saffron rice. Very simple to make yet so flavorful. Yellow is the color of the ripe crops that connects it to Indian harvest festivals. May this Baisakhi be blessed with bounty of the season and a harvest of joy & prosperity!
Write a review
- Basmati rice long grain - 1 cup (washed & soaked in water for 1 hour )
- Sugar - 3/4 cup
- Water - 2 cups
- Saffron - 1 Tsp (soaked in milk for 1 hour)
- Ghee - 3 Tbsp
- Cardamom powder - 1/2 Tsp
- Raisins - 12 - 15 (washed)
- Heat ghee in a pan. Add cashews, raisins & few pieces of coconut. Fry them until they are light pink in color. Add water & boil it, add in rice & mix.
- Cover it with the lid & cook it on high flame for 10 minutes.
- Open the lid, Add milk & saffron mix, cardamom powder, few almonds & sugar. Mix gently. Cover the lid again & cook it till the rice are fully cooked.
- Sweet saffron rice is ready to serve. Garnish with few slices of coconut & almonds.
Hungry soul by Abha http://www.hungrysoulbyabha.com/