Tomato & Peanut Rice
If you're bored of cooking regular rice and biryani, try this Delicious tomato & peanut rice. This spicy & tangy rice preparation is ideal for packing in a lunch box, and sure to be enjoyed by young and old alike.
Write a review
- Coconut oil or any other oil - 2 Tbsp
- Basmati Rice (Boiled) - 2 1/2 cup
- Ripe juicy tomatoes - 6 (chopped)
- Peanuts (raw) - 3 Tbsp
- Onion - 1 (large chopped)
- Urad dal - 1 Tsp
- Chana dal - 1 Tsp
- Red chillies (Dry) - 4
- Curry leaves - 6-8 (roughly chopped)
- Mustard seeds - 1 Tsp
- Green chillies - 2 (finely chopped)
- Tomato puree - 2 Tbsp
- Asafoetida - 1/4 Tsp
- Salt to taste
- Red chilli powder - 1 Tsp
- Sambar Powder - 1 Tbsp
- Coriander - 2 Tbsp
- Coconut to garnish - 1 Tsp (grated)
- Heat oil in a pan, add the mustard seeds, Asafoeida, chana dal, urad dal. Saute for a minute on a low flame. Add dry red chilies, curry leaves, green chilies, onion & peanuts. Saute for a minute till onions becomes translucent & peanuts are slightly roasted.
- Add tomatoes, cover it with the lid & cook for 8- 10 minutes until tomatoes are soft. Add tomato puree, salt, red chili powder, sambar powder. Mix it properly & cook it further for 2 minutes.
- Add rice & toss it gently without breaking the rice. Add coriander & cook on a medium flame for another 2 minutes.
- Garnish with freshly grated coconut & coriander leaves.
- Tomato & peanut rice are ready. Serve hot.
Hungry soul by Abha http://www.hungrysoulbyabha.com/