Tomato Rajma soup
Tomato Rajma soup meets your iron and protein requirement through the tasty rajma in a perfect way. On the other hand, Vitamin C from the tomatoes helps in the absorption of iron during digestion. Do try this healthy soup for lunch or dinner, you will love it.
Write a review
- Red kidney beans (rajma) - ½ cup, soaked for 7-8 hours and boiled
- Fresh tomato puree - 2 cups
- Olive oil - 1 Tbsp
- Garlic - 2 cloves, roughly chopped
- Ginger - 1 inch piece, roughly chopped
- Red chilli flakes - 1 Tsp
- Red chilli powder - 1 Tsp
- Salt to taste
- Castor sugar - ½ Tsp
- Fresh rosemary, chopped - 1 Tsp
- Black pepper powder to taste
- Fresh cream - 2 Tbsp (also for garnishing)
- Cheese bread or any other bread for serving
- Grind kidney beans, garlic and ginger to make a smooth puree.
- Heat olive oil in a deep non-stick pan. Add chili flakes and sauté for few seconds. Add teaspoon chili powder and sauté for few seconds.
- Add tomato puree and mix. Add kidney bean, garlic and ginger puree, mix and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add salt and sugar, mix and cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Add remaining chili powder, remaining chili flakes, rosemary and pepper powder and mix. Add cream and mix well.
- Garnish with some cream, and serve it with any bread of your choice
- You can use dried rosemary if you don't have fresh.
Hungry soul by Abha http://www.hungrysoulbyabha.com/