Veg Cheese Sandwich
Every bite of this sandwich offers a burst of flavors and nothing short of ecstasy. Cheese and veggie make an exciting stuffing for sandwiches. This combination with its rich mouth-feel and irresistible aroma is both a sumptuous and tasteful treat!
Write a review
- Potato - 1/4 cup, boiled & mashed
- Colored Bell peppers (any color) - 1/4 cup
- Green chili - 2 finely chopped
- Carrots - 1/4 cup, grated
- Onions - 1/4 cup, chopped
- Coriander leaves - 2 Tbsp, chopped
- Mix of Mozzarella & Cheddar cheese - 1/4 cup, grated
- Black pepper powder - 1/4 Tsp
- Sesame seeds - 1 Tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Lemon juice - 1 Tsp
- Bread slices - 4
- Butter to spread on bread slices
- In a bowl mix together mashed potatoes, bell peppers, carrots, onions, cheese, salt, black pepper powder, green chili, coriander leaves and lemon juice.
- Take a bread slice and put generous amount of stuffing on it.
- Cover it with another slice and apply butter on top. Sprinkle some sesame seeds and press the sesame seeds gently with the help of knife so that they stick to the bread.
- Heat pan at medium heat and put butter and sesame side down. Put some weight on the sandwich (I have used heavy stone) to make it crispy.
- Let it cook for few minutes and put butter and sesame seeds on this side too and flip the sandwich.
- Once the sandwich is golden brown and crispy from both the sides, take it out.
- Cut it in two pieces and serve the sandwich with chutney or ketchup.
- I have use a mix of two cheese but you can use any cheese of your choice.
- You can use any heavy object you have in your kitchen.
Hungry soul by Abha http://www.hungrysoulbyabha.com/