Veg Crispy Rice Balls
Cooked rice and colorful vegetables are used to make a mildly spiced dough that is shaped into balls and deep-fried. Veg Crispy Rice Balls is a wonderful way to include veggies into your kids diet, and an intelligent alternative to store-bought fries, chips and cheese balls. These rice balls are really so crunchy outside and soft inside that your kids will love it.
Write a review
- Cooked rice - 1 cup
- Carrot - 1/2 cup, grated
- Onion - 1/4 cup, chopped
- Spinach - 1/4 cup, chopped
- Rice flour - 1/4 cup
- Ginger - 1 inch piece, grated
- Green chilies - 2, finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying
- Combine all the ingredients and 1/4 cup of water in a bowl and mix till the mixture binds well.
- Divide the mixture into 20-22 equal portions and shape each portion into a ball.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and deep fry a few balls at a time till they turn golden brown from all the sides.
- Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Serve hot with green chutney or any other chutney of your choice.
Hungry soul by Abha http://www.hungrysoulbyabha.com/