Veg Rava Toast
Rava/Semolina always lends a nice grainy texture to a dish, and when toasted it gives out a wonderful aroma and a rich flavor. This Veg Rava Toast capitalizes on these wonderful qualities of semolina. This is very easy recipe to make and can be prepared very quickly. Do try it out and let me know how it turned out for you.
Write a review
- Rava/Semolina - 1/2 cup
- Onions - 2 Tbsp, finely chopped
- Capsicum - 2 Tbsp, finely chopped
- Tomatoes - 2 Tbsp, finely chopped
- Carrot - 1, medium sized, peeled and grated
- Coriander leaves - 1 Tbsp, chopped
- Yogurt - 2 Tbsp
- Milk or cream - 4 Tbsp
- Red chili powder - 1/4 Tsp
- Salt to taste
- Whole wheat bread slices - 4
- Oil/Butter - for toasting the bread
- Tomato ketchup - for serving
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl (except bread, oil and tomato ketchup) and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Place all the bread slices on a clean dry surface and spread the portion of the topping evenly over it.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and grease it with little oil/butter. Place the toast on the greased tava with the topping side facing downwards and cook it on a medium flame using a little oil/butter, till the topping turns golden brown in color.
- Turn over and cook on the other side till it turns golden brown in color.
- Cut the toast diagonally into 2 equal pieces.
- Make the remaining 3 toasts the same way.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup.
Hungry soul by Abha http://www.hungrysoulbyabha.com/