Veg sooji besan cheela
Veg sooji besan cheela, an easy snack option that will be loved by all. You can add any veggie of your choice. This cheela goes very well with green chutney or sweet and sour chutney. You can serve this for breakfast or as an evening snack with a cup of tea.
Write a review
- Sooji / Rawa - 1/2 cup
- Besan - 1 cup
- Onion - 1 small, chopped
- Tomato - 1 small, chopped
- Spinach - 1/3 cup, chopped
- Carrots - 1 medium, grated
- Oil - 1 Tbsp for each cheela
- Yogurt - 1/2 cup
- Carom seeds / Ajwain - 1/4 Tsp
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 Tsp
- Red chili powder - 1/4 Tsp
- Garam masala - 1/2 Tsp
- Coriander leaves - 2 Tbsp, chopped
- Green chilies - 2, chopped
- Baking powder - 1/4 Tsp
- Water as required
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl except the oil and water and mix it well. Keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Add water slowly and make it into a thick batter.
- Heat a non-stick tawa (griddle), grease it lightly with oil, put a little mixture over it and spread it into a 150 mm (6") diameter circle.
- Cook the chilas, using a little oil, till it turns golden brown in color from both the sides.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make more chilas.
- Serve immediately with green chutney.
Hungry soul by Abha http://www.hungrysoulbyabha.com/