Rice is one such staple meal which we can blend into variety of other dishes. This pulao is loaded with veggies and flavored subtly with a fine choice of spices. This recipe of vegetable pulao is easy & quick to make, but very delicious, with the added flavors of aromatic whole spices. Prepare it as close to serving time as possible so that the flavors are fresh & strong.
Write a review
- Long grain Rice – 2 cups
- Carrot – 1 medium
- Green peas – 1/3 cup
- French Beans – 8-10, cut into 1 inch piece
- Cauliflower florets – 8-10
- Potato – 1 Large, cut in dices
- Onion – 1 large, sliced roughly
- Bay leaf – 2
- Black peppercorns – 7-8
- Cinnamon stick – 1
- Cumin seeds – 1 Tsp
- Cloves – 3-4
- Black cardamom – 1
- Green cardamom – 2-3
- Salt to taste
- Garam masala – 1 Tsp
- Chili powder – ½ Tsp
- Ghee – 1 Tbsp
- Oil – 1 Tsp
- Slice the onions.
- Boil 5-6 cups water in a deep non-stick pan.
- Heat ghee & oil in another deep non-stick pan. Add cumin seeds, bay leaf, cinnamon, Black cardamom, green cardamom, cloves and black peppercorns. Saute for 30 seconds and add onions. Saute again for a while.
- Add carrots & beans. Cover & cook for 2 minutes covered as carrots and beans takes longer time to cook. Open the lid & add cauliflower, potatoes & green peas. Mix well and cook for 2 more minutes covered.
- Open the lid. Add rice, salt, chili powder & garam masala. Stir & cook for 30 seconds. Then add 4 ½ cups of boiling water. Mix, cover & cook for 15 minutes.
- Switch off the flame & let it stand for 10 minutes, covered.
- Open the lid and open the rice grains gently with the help of spoon or fork without breaking any grain. Serve hot with yogurt or pickle or as it is.
Hungry soul by Abha http://www.hungrysoulbyabha.com/