Vegetable Upma is an all time favorite breakfast or snack that is enjoyed all over India and across the world too. What makes the Vegetable Upma such a great hit is the fact that it doesn't require pre-preparation, involves no fermentation and is absolutely fuss-free! Just serve with chutney, sambhar or simply a cup of curds to make a lovely meal.
Write a review
- Chopped vegetables ( carrot, french beans, green peas, capsicum) - 1 cup
- Onion - 1, medium, chopped
- Semolina/Sooji/Rava - 1 cup
- Ghee/Oil - 2 Tbsp
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 Tsp
- Chana Dal - 1 Tsp
- Urad Dal - 1 Tsp
- Curry leaves - 6-8
- Asafoetida - 1/4 Tsp
- Salt to taste
- Green chilies - 1 Tsp, chopped
- Ginger - 1 inch piece, chopped
- Coriander leaves - 2 Tbsp
- Lemon juice - 1 Tbsp
- Roast the semolina in a pan for 2-3 minutes until the raw flavor is gone.
- Heat ghee in a deep non-stick pan. Add the mustard seeds, Chana dal, Urad dal, asafoetida, onions and curry leaves and sauté on a medium flame for 1-2 minutes. Add ginger and green chilies, mix well and cook it for a minute.
- Now add all the veggies ( carrots, green peas, French beans and capsicum). Sauté on a medium flame for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the roasted semolina and mix it with all the veggies. Then add 3 1/2 cups of hot water, salt and cook on a medium flame for 2-3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the coriander leaves and lemon juice and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes. Add the remaining 1 tbsp of ghee and mix well. When all moisture has been absorbed by the semolina, cover it with a lid and let it cook on a low flame for 2 minutes. Upma is ready to serve. Serve hot.
Hungry soul by Abha http://www.hungrysoulbyabha.com/