Coming from work and too tired to cook an elaborate meal? Want to cook up something quick for your dear ones? Then try this incredibly delicious recipe of Vermicelli Pulao at home. Simple and flavorful, this recipe is going to become your favorite in no time.
Write a review
- Vermicelli - 1 1/2 cup (Roasted)
- Carrots - 1/2 cup cut into small pieces
- Green beans - 1/2 cup cut into small pieces
- Onion (medium) - thinly sliced
- Peas - 1/2 cup
- Potato (medium) - cut into small pieces
- Oil - 3 Tbsp
- Mustard seeds - 1 Tsp
- Curry leaves - 6-8
- Green chilly - 1 finely chopped
- Cashew nuts - 6-8 broken
- Peanuts - 1 Tbsp (optional)
- Coriander leaves - 1 Tbsp
- Salt - to taste
- Soy sauce - 1 Tsp
- Vinegar - 1/2 Tsp
- Water - 3 cups
- Heat 1 Tbsp of oil in a saucepan over low medium heat, roast the cashews & peanuts (if using) stirring continuously until they are golden brown. It will take about 2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and take out the cashews & peanuts over paper towel.
- Use the same saucepan and add the remaining oil, heat the oil over medium heat until it is moderately hot. Add the mustard seeds. Let it crackle. Add curry leaves and green chilly. Stir fry for few seconds.
- Add Onions. Saute for a minute. Add Carrots, potatoes, beans, peas and salt. Stir fry for 3 minutes over medium heat. Add vermicelli and gently stir with veggies, add water. Bring it to a boil over high - medium heat.
- As veggies come to a boil, reduce the heat to a low. Add soy sauce & vinegar. Stir gently and cover the pan. Let it cook till all the water has evaporated. Stir it once in between. It will take about 10 minutes. Vermicelli should be moist.
- Gently stir in Cashews & peanuts.
- Sprinkle coriander leaves & Serve hot.
Hungry soul by Abha http://www.hungrysoulbyabha.com/