Zucchini & Bell Pepper Sandwich
A perfect balance of textures and flavors makes this Zucchini & Bell Pepper Sandwich a delight to relish! Zucchini, bell peppers, peppy herbs and some grated mozzarella cheese are also added to the sandwich. As the cheese melts while grilling, lending an irresistible flavor and texture to the sandwich. Serve it immediately after grilling with tomato ketchup.
Write a review
- Hot dog rolls - 4 (you can use any bread of your choice)
- Tomato ketchup - 2 Tbsp
- Mayonnaise - 2 Tbsp
- Butter - for brushing on top of the rolls
- Mozzarella cheese - 1/2 cup, grated
For the filling
- Zucchini - 1 cup, cut diagonally (unpeeled)
- Colored bell peppers strips - 1 cup (red, yellow and green)
- Olive oil - 1 Tbsp
- Garlic - 1 Tbsp, finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- Dried mixed herbs - 1 Tsp
- Red chili flakes - 2 Tsp
- Tomato ketchup - for serving
Method to make the filling
- Heat olive oil in a broad non-stick pan. Add garlic and sauté on a medium flame for 15 seconds. Now add colored bell peppers, zucchini, salt and sauté on a medium flame for 3-4 minutes on a medium flame.
- Add the chili flakes and mixed herbs and sauté for 1-2 minutes on a medium flame. Keep aside and cool slightly.
- Divide the filling into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
Method to make the sandwich
- Cut a hot dog roll horizontally into 2 equal halves.
- Place both the hot dog roll halves on a clean, dry surface. On one side of the half, apply 1/2 tsp of ketchup and on the other side of the half, apply mayonnaise.
- Place 1 portion of the prepared filling on the lower half of the hot dog roll. Put some grated cheese evenly over the filling and sandwich it with the upper half of the hot dog roll.
- Brush some butter on top of the hot dog roll and place the prepared sandwich in a greased and pre-heated sandwich griller and grill it for 3-4 minutes or till the sandwich turns brown and crisp.
- Make all the sandwiches the same way. Serve hot with tomato ketchup.
Hungry soul by Abha http://www.hungrysoulbyabha.com/