Zucchini Coconut Bread
I love Zucchini bread and this Zucchini coconut bread is my new favorite zucchini bread recipe. This tried and true zucchini coconut bread recipe is bursting with spices like cinnamon and nutmeg. The grated zucchini brings moisture and a tender texture and the shredded coconut compliments the zucchini nicely and adds a little extra goodness to the loaf.
Write a review
1 hr 15 min
1 hr 15 min
- All purpose flour – ¾ cup
- Whole wheat flour – ¾ cup
- Baking soda – ½ Tsp
- Baking powder - ½ Tsp
- Salt – ½ Tsp
- Cinnamon powder – ½ Tsp
- Nutmeg powder – ¼ Tsp ( freshly grated, it gives a wonderful aroma)
- Zucchini – 1 ½ cups, shredded (squeezed and drained in a paper towel)
- Brown sugar – ½ cup
- Granulated sugar - ¼ cup
- Coconut oil – ¼ cup, melted
- Greek yogurt – ½ cup
- Egg – 1, large at room temperature
- Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
- Coconut – 1 cup, shredded, unsweetened
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C), Grease the loaf pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flours, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, combine shredded zucchini, sugars, coconut oil, yogurt, egg and vanilla extract.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well until moistened. Stir in the shredded coconut.
- Pour the batter into prepared pan. Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Take it out and let zucchini bread cool in a pan for 10 minutes. Carefully remove the bread from the pan and cool completely before slicing.
- Serve it with a cup of tea/coffee or for dessert.
Hungry soul by Abha http://www.hungrysoulbyabha.com/