Fritters make a great meal any time of the day! Make a big batch, freeze them, and reheat when needed for a quick and easy meal solution! Delicious, easy and tasty zucchini fritters are great as a lunch, snack or light dinner. Kids love them too! They are jam packed with all of the right flavors and they are healthy for you! It’s almost guaranteed that this will be a household favorite.
Write a review
- Zucchini – 4 cups (shredded)
- All purpose flour – 2/3 cup
- Eggs – 2 large, lightly beaten
- Garlic – 2 cloves (minced)
- Onion powder – 1 Tsp
- Scallions – 1/3 cup (sliced, green and white parts)
- Vegetable oil
- Sour cream, for serving (optional)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Place the shredded zucchini in a bowl and sprinkle salt over it. Keep it aside for 15 minutes. Using your hands, squeeze out as much liquid from the zucchini as possible. Transfer the zucchini to a large bowl.
- Add the flour, eggs, garlic, onion powder, scallions, salt and pepper. Stir the mixture until well combined. Line a plate with paper towels.
- Liberally coat the bottom of a large saute pan with vegetable oil and place it over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, scoop 3 tablespoon of the zucchini mixture into the pan, pressing them lightly into rounds and spacing them at least 2 inches apart.
- Cook the zucchini fritters for 2-3 minutes and then flip them once and cook an additional 2 minutes until golden brown and cook throughout.
- Transfer the fritters to the paper towel. Repeat the scooping and cooking process with the remaining zucchini mixture.
- Serve the Zucchini fritters topped with sour cream (optional) and sliced scallions.
- If you want more veggies, try adding spinach, carrots or kale.
- You can serve these fritters with guacamole, salsa or any dip you like.
Hungry soul by Abha http://www.hungrysoulbyabha.com/